[NMLUG] Hello; 'Nix newbie assistance

C. Ulrich nmlug@swcp.com
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 17:04:48 -0700

> I'd really like to talk to someone who wouldn't mind
> answering a lot of obvious(to most of you guys)
> questions about Linux, and general type stuff. I've
> tried installing Suze and RH on one of my boxes
> before, but was never able to do much with it(the man
> and howto documentation can be rather cryptic, and
> assumes a certain familiarity with 'Nix commands). I'd
> really like to learn more about Linux, but seem to
> have hit a stone wall, inasmuch as how far I can go on
> my own.

I'm always willing to help out. Feel free to ask, if I can't answer your
questions, I'll find someone who can. Setup and configuration is probably my
forte as far as Linux goes. ('Forte' is a French word for "the only thing I
know how to do without causing bodily injury to myself or others.")

--C. Ulrich