[NMLUG] Hello

Gary Sandine nmlug@swcp.com
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 03:08:43 -0700

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 02:59:00PM -0700, James Hamilton wrote:
> You're right Eric was pretty full of himself.

Well.... I know Eric pretty well, and this is false.  I should qualify --
I wasn't there, so I don't know what Eric was during the visit.  Many of
the situations he ends up in due to his, in my opinion deserved, fame are
awkward for him too, it seems.  Eric is one of the most intelligent,
observant, and articulate men I know, and it feels pretty crummy to see
stuff like the above statement said about him.

My company flew Eric to NM so he could assist with hardware qualification
for a high-end workstation running a GNU/Linux OS.  It all came together
at the last minute, and we were (and still are) *grateful* to Don W. for
bringing Eric up to Los Alamos.  If anyone is to blame (or whatever) for
not helping folks get together with Eric during his last visit, it's *me*.
Next time I'll do better here.

We've received bags of good feedback about how well his "Ultimate Linux
Box" project came together -- thanks again for your help, Don!

Regards,
Gary S.