[NMLUG] Hello

Aaron Birenboim nmlug@swcp.com
Thu, 01 Nov 2001 09:06:13 -0700

Don Wilde wrote:

> "C. Ulrich" wrote:
> >

> > I wanted to get involved with the effort going on at the high school in
> > regards to installing unix computers...

> If we get more computers, the opportunity exists to come to my office to
> set them up to do specific things. You can plug them in to my T1,
> configure, and we can deploy at the school.

I have been trying to include the students on building machines.
Heather Borg agrees that anything we do is a learning
experience.  No need for them to understand everything.
If we allow them to hold the screwdriver and type at the
keyboard, at least SOME will sink in.  And thats a GOOD thing.

So, for me, at least...  I plan to do ALL work over at
the school.  An I intend to touch the machines as little
as possible.  There are students who find it fun to
hook up wires, disk drives, and are happy to click
where you tell them to click, and type what you tell them
to type.

If we are just doing admin til next semester, I think thats
OK.  As long as the kids are learning admin.

--
Aaron Birenboim | Black holes are where G-d divided
Albuquerque, NM |      by zero.