[NMLUG] ide-scsi

Aaron Birenboim nmlug@swcp.com
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 18:54:28 -0700 (MST)

  Aargh!  I seem to have lost the ability to use ide-scsi!
I was able to use the drive at ide-ATAPI (at one time).
(I had ide-scsi once too... but changed kernels)

Anyway...  the bios does not see the drive.
I don't think thats anything new.

However, after installing the ide-scsi stuff, both as modules
and monolithic, it still can't seem to see my cd writer.

Note:

gandalf:~ # dmesg | grep ATAPI
hdb: RAITE RDR-108H DVDROM V1.7, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
hdb: ATAPI 40X DVD-ROM drive, 256kB Cache, UDMA(33)
scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
gandalf:~ #

Seems like its just not getting attached.
Is this correct?

How might I debug this?

              aaron