[NMLUG] ssh X forwarding

Robbins, Wesley L nmlug@swcp.com
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:01:51 -0700

I have had two types of problems here.
What type of Tru64 ssh software are you
using?  Secondly, if you are "chaining"
multiple sshd logins both the client
config and server configs need to allow for
X11 forwarding/receiving. The other prob I
hit was with a customer su'ing ssh to a box
then trying to run an X app.  X11 should only
allow the current user to access the X client.

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Birenboim [mailto:aaron@boim.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 9:52 AM
To: nmlug@swcp.com
Subject: [NMLUG] ssh X forwarding

One of my clients just changed sshd over from
Tru64 to Linux.  Now I get a warning when I log in...

Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding.
Last login: Wed Nov  7 10:49:59 2001 from helstf

Does anybody know where the problem might lie?
Which host is remote?  The client of the server?
i.e.  Do I need to add some more modern type
of authentication to my X server, or does the
sshd need to be configured to allow X forwarding?
--
Aaron Birenboim | Black holes are where G-d divided
Albuquerque, NM |      by zero.