[NMLUG] ssh X forwarding

Robbins, Wesley L nmlug@swcp.com
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:06:16 -0700

A little side note (I do not know your level so please
dismiss this if you already know this). If you allow
Daisy chain ssh X forwarding you greatly decrease
security on the internal network.  And read up on
allowing X11 to allow X11 protocol from another user.
'xhost +127.0.0.1' is a good test but you should
not use it regularly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Birenboim [mailto:aaron@boim.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 9:52 AM
To: nmlug@swcp.com
Subject: [NMLUG] ssh X forwarding

One of my clients just changed sshd over from
Tru64 to Linux.  Now I get a warning when I log in...

Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding.
Last login: Wed Nov  7 10:49:59 2001 from helstf

Does anybody know where the problem might lie?
Which host is remote?  The client of the server?
i.e.  Do I need to add some more modern type
of authentication to my X server, or does the
sshd need to be configured to allow X forwarding?
--
Aaron Birenboim | Black holes are where G-d divided
Albuquerque, NM |      by zero.