[NMLUG] ssh X forwarding

Robbins, Wesley L nmlug@swcp.com
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:19:02 -0700

I use ssh -l login -f ~login/.ssh/My_config
The tru64 ssh software I use does not have an
local override. This handle the client X11 Forward
only.

As a rule of thumb I remove the "allow for root to
be able to login" from the config of sshd. To many
times have found admins with the belief they can use
'return' or 'happy' as a root password due to they
have the mentality root is secure and does not
need a 'real' password.

A while back I asked this group if they agreed with
me. I got a overwhelming 'NO'.  So, this is just a
suggestion.