[NMLUG] ssh X forwarding

Josh Gentry nmlug@swcp.com
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:23:22 -0700

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 10:08:13AM -0700, Aaron Birenboim wrote:
> Aaron Birenboim wrote:
> >
> > Does anybody know where the problem might lie?
>
> Looks like it might be on the server.
> Seems like X11Forward lines are commented out
> in /etc/ssh/ssh_config and sshd_config
>
> Can these settings be overridden in my local
> ~/.ssh directory?

If you are saying that X11Forwarding is commented out in
/etc/ssh/sshd_config on the server, then it seems unlikely that you could
override that in your config on the client.

> "strings sshd | grep -i open" yields:
> @(#)$OpenBSD: sshd.c,v 1.204 2001/08/23 17:59:31 camield Exp $
>
> So...  I assume they are running openssh.

Connecting to the server with ssh -v servername will give verbose output,
including the "Remote protocol version" and the "remote software version",
which will be the info for the server.

Josh
jgentry@swcp.com