[NMLUG] question about winmail.dat attachments

Matt Grommes nmlug@swcp.com
10 Nov 2001 09:58:39 -0700

Winmail.dat files are Outlook attachments. There's a setting in Outlook
called 'Enhanced MIME attachments' or something like that (I don't know
for sure because I don't use Outlook but I've seen those attachments on
other mailing lists I'm on). If someone has an address card in Outlook
it'll get attached to all the email they send and non-Outlook email
programs will see them as winmail.dat files.