[NMLUG] question about winmail.dat attachments

Ed Heron nmlug@swcp.com
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 10:10:08 -0700

  If it is my messages that have the winmail.dat attachments, I apologize
to the group.  I am forced to use M$ products on the desktop because of
certain proprietary software that is not available otherwise, and because
of a management decision to do what everybody is doing.  I don't find it
practical, at this time, to maintain multiple OSs or e-mail programs on my
laptop (486sx).  Windows Messaging wants to send everything in rich-text.
 That is the purpose of the winmail.dat attachment.  They are intercepted
by Windows Messaging when they come in so I don't see them.  I hope I have
managed to turn it off again.