[NMLUG] firewall port redirect??

Ken Long nmlug@swcp.com
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 19:13:59 -0700

Yes, you need to use ipmasqadm to do port forwarding if you're still using
ipchains. For instance:

/usr/sbin/ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L $EXTIP 6705 -R $NAP1 6705

where $EXTIP is the ip address of my outside nic and $NAP1 is the ip address
of an internal machine. 6705 is the port being forwarded in this example. My
internal machines all use private addresses and are being MASQ'ed behind the
'chains box.

Hopefully, pcanywhere uses only one port or a very small number of them.

I haven't switched over to the 2.4 kernel with the new packet filtering yet
but I understand that port forwarding is built in.

Ken