[NMLUG] ximian's evolution backend?

John Fleck nmlug@swcp.com
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 16:17:11 -0700

Eric Krieger wrote:

> i have to admit ximian's evolution...
>
> (http://ximian.com/products/ximian_evolution/)
>
> simply rocks!  i've been using it for some time now and i've noticed
> that ximian keeps refering to it as a "groupware" product.  does anyone
> know what possible backends are planned for the evolution client?

Nothing yet. I bounced your question off of one of the helpful gnomes at
Ximian. His reply:

*************
John,

I wish I had something cool to say. Basically, we're looking into the
possibilities, but we don't have anything firm one way or
another.  There are a lot of options out there, but you're still going
to have to roll your own as far as the server-side goes right
now.

There's phpgroupware  and some other Open server projects (plus of
course the standard LDAP/IMAP/ical stuff) but I'm not
really sure how far along they are.

Yours,
Aaron Weber
Ximian, Inc.

Cheers,
--
John Fleck, science writer
Albuquerque Journal, PO Drawer J, Albuquerque NM, 87110

"I have discovered, and you can quote
 me,  that 67.5% of all statistics are
 made up on the spot."
  - Gerry Yonas