More Open Sources [was: Re: [NMLUG] Free/Open convert to pdf?]

Tim Price nmlug@swcp.com
13 Nov 2001 09:23:36 -0700

On Tuesday, November 13, 2001 9:04 AM, Don Wilde <Don@silver-lynx.com> wrote:
>Alex Rice wrote:
>
>> <plug> MacOSX has built-in printing to PDF files from any app that
>> supports printing.</plug>
>>
>Ahhh... the distro differences just got another advocate? What do you
>have for an OS X system, Alex? Anybody else using Darwin or OS X?
>--
I have three G4's (a 450MHz, a 466MHz and an 800MHz Dual processor) and two iBook G3 500MHz computers running Mac OS X.1. I have a 766MHz OSX server on order that should come in today, and I'm getting ready to install OSX.1 on two more G4 400MHz machines.

I've been planning to install OS X.1 on the Beige G3 300MHz that is my workstation to see how it performs, but I haven't had time.

Eventually, I will have all the G4s and any of the G3s that can handle it converted to Mac OS X here at the office. That could be as many as 15 computers running OS X.