[NMLUG] Free/Open convert to pdf?

Steven Westbrook nmlug@swcp.com
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 20:00:19 -0600

Check out ps2pdf .....   it will take most any ps file and convert it.

-steve

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nmlug@swcp.com [mailto:owner-nmlug@swcp.com] On Behalf Of
Aaron Birenboim
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 9:23 AM
To: New Mexico Linux Users Group (E-mail)
Subject: [NMLUG] Free/Open convert to pdf?

Is there a free or open-source way to convert PostScript into PDF?
Or...  does adobe have that ability locked down under patents.

Adobe charges $5000 for their UNIX distiller, which is not
in our price range.  If there is no free option (preferably scriptable)
we will just share the disk to a PC and try to script a converter
on Windoze.  I'd really like to avoid that.

These are simple, 1-page PostScript files

If this idea fails...  Have people set up WWW MIME-types to
call Windoze-GhostView from their WWW browsers
(So the browsers could just view the postscript files...)
--
Aaron Birenboim | Black holes are where G-d divided
Albuquerque, NM |      by zero.