[NMLUG] Bootable LinuxCD's

Robbins, Wesley L nmlug@swcp.com
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:38:52 -0700

I feel I need to define Bootable a little more.
I would like to load a frame buffer linux and kernel.
Autologin and execute a menu for list of games, movie,
or init picture slideshow......

I'm wondering if anyone out there has any experience in
making bootable Linux Cd's.

At home I've been working on making a system that plugs into the
TV. Just like an Sega or Playstation.  I would like to remove the
hardrive and store data on a PCMCIA Memory Flash Card. Far less
noise and less chance of the system getting messed up do to
excessive reboots.