[NMLUG] freesco Free Cisco router replacement

Michael Starnes nmlug@swcp.com
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 20:25:44 +0000

I've been using it for probably over a year now and am happy with it.
Well, as happy as I can be with nat. Used it previously on a dial-up and
now on a comcast connection. A real router and some more real IPs would
be better but that requires money I don't have now. And Freesco is also
a firewall. It's files boot off a floppy then live in memory. If you
have a problem or it gets hacked just reboot. No disk based filesystem
to corrupt.