[NMLUG] IRC addendum

C. Ulrich nmlug@swcp.com
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 21:06:00 -0700

Two things I wanted to mention about the #nmlug IRC channel...

1) Those who want to chat, but aren't up to learning (or relearning) an IRC
client just yet can still simply go to: http://www.slashnet.org/java/ . It
will join the channel #slashdot by default, but you can close that window (if
you wish) and type "/join #nmlug" in the window behind it to join the #nmlug
channel.

2) I said previously that a bot would be useless on a network with
services... That isn't completely true. A bot could be used for keeping logs
and statistics for the channel among other things. Playing around with bots
on IRC can be a fun geek experience, which is why I chose to mention it here.

That said, come join us. :)

--C. Ulrich (Eil)