[NMLUG] Bootable LinuxCD's

mike dillon nmlug@swcp.com
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 23:13:12 -0800

begin Robbins, Wesley L quotation:
> I feel I need to define Bootable a little more.  I would like to load
> a frame buffer linux and kernel.  Autologin and execute a menu for
> list of games, movie, or init picture slideshow......
>
> I'm wondering if anyone out there has any experience in making
> bootable Linux Cd's.

I don't personally, but my friend Seth is behind the LNX-BBC project
(formerly the Linuxcare Bootable Business Card) and has much experience
doing this. If i were you, i'd have a look at the scripts used in
building and maintaining the BBC at http://www.lnx-bbc.org/. If you
don't like his stuff, you could always have a look at the "Other BBC's"
page on his site, which links to many other bootable-CD-oriented Linux
distros (no, it doesn't just link to the British Broadcasting Company).

-md