[NMLUG] SoundBlaster Live???

Gary Sandine nmlug@swcp.com
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:42:27 -0700

On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 09:15:37AM -0700, Robbins, Wesley L wrote:
> Anyone out there using a SoundBlaster live and a 2.4.12+ kernel.
> I'm not sure on all the necessary modules I need to compile in.
>
> This is for SUSE 7.2 and Alsa.

Here's what we do to /etc/modules.conf in SuSE 7.2 for SB Live! + ALSA:

alias snd-card-0 snd-card-emu10k1
post-install snd-card-emu10k1 modprobe snd-pcm-oss

We use the snd-pcm-oss module for Real Player; we build the snd-card-emu10k1
module from <alsa-driver-0.9.0beta8a.tar.gz>, currently, doing

./configure --with-cards=emu10k1 ; make install

It's easiest to also install the same version of alsa-lib and alsa-utils
to use alsamixer for changing volumes.  These worked immediately doing

./configure ; make install

after unpacking each; first lib, then utils.

Regards,
Gary S.