[NMLUG] Anybody in town selling dual AMD or Pentium boxes?

Wayne Vieira nmlug@swcp.com
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 06:41:38 -0800

Didn't you think that "the ultimate linux box" article was a little
under-researched?  I read that article, and felt that options they
reccommended were not very state-of-the-art.  If that system was supposed to
be the 'ultimate' system at the time it was written, then it must take 6
months to get one of those articles printed.  That's a little too much lead
time for a monthly magazine.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Hulsey [mailto:jeff@slackbastard.net]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 9:25 PM
To: nmlug@swcp.com
Subject: RE: [NMLUG] Anybody in town selling dual AMD or Pentium boxes?

> Hi all,
>
> Is there anyone in town selling dual AMD or Pentium CPU
> systems with all the fixins?  Maybe similar to the
> "ultimate Linux box" detailed in the November 2001
> Linux Journal?
>
> Peter

PC Rescue sells dual Pentium servers. They're not cheap, though. We use the
server board and case, complete with RAID backplane. Hotswappable buttery
goodness. ;)

Pretty much all of the servers we build are designed for a rack-mount, so
that might be beyond what you're looking for, especially since they're
servers instead of workstations. But they're /so/ much fun to build.

	Jeff