[NMLUG] Anybody in town selling dual AMD or Pentium boxes?

Gary Sandine nmlug@swcp.com
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:30:09 -0700

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 10:04:04AM -0700, Ed Brown wrote:
> I thought it was great, particularly the online, unabridged version.
> Under-researched? Whew, I wish I had the time to research a purchase so well.
> It was the most complete discussion of building your own box I've ever seen.
> Sure you might have different opinions. And Raymond notes right up front that
> the choices are bound to appear dated in months, or even weeks. Aren't we
> accustomed to that? Much of his focus was on the process, how he selected
> components and why.

I think Raymond did an excellent job (esp. the online version).  And we
(as the builders of his box) are now being approached by tons of well-
informed customers, asking questions the likes of which we *rarely* see.

Regards,
Gary S.