[NMLUG] nic conf from command line

Alex Rice nmlug@swcp.com
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:39:49 -0700 (MST)

You can use the ifconfig command to configure network interfaces.

However, to get the changes to stick, you will have to modify the system
configurationscripts, which (used to be anyways) in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ if I remember correctly.

This is one area where freebsd is simpler- just edit rc.conf and off you
go. The redhat network config is harder to understand.

Alex