[NMLUG] old discussion: Albuquerque ISP

C. Ulrich nmlug@swcp.com
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:31:13 -0700

Well, today I got The Letter. Qwest is forcing me to switch to MSN or else. I
tell ya, I would have stayed away from them if I knew I was going to have
this much trouble... I signed up with USWest, who then made everyone switch
their accounts to the Qwest domain, and now they're shoveling us off onto
Microsoft. The biggest problem is that I don't want MSN. The second biggest
is that I don't even know if I can even use their service from within a
non-windows OS.

So I'm in need of advice.. maybe someone can recommend some dialup ISPs to
me. I don't care much about Linux-friendly tech support since I'm fairly
adept at setting up a dialup connection. Stability is my main concern.
And I'd be especially keen to find a service that offers a bit of free web
space and perhaps a shell account.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

--C. Ulrich