[NMLUG] old discussion: Albuquerque ISP

C. Ulrich nmlug@swcp.com
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 20:29:25 -0700

On Tuesday 20 November 2001 19:54, you wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 07:31:13PM -0700, C. Ulrich wrote:
> > Well, today I got The Letter. Qwest is forcing me to switch to MSN or
> > else. I tell ya, I would have stayed away from them if I knew I was going
> > to have this much trouble... I signed up with USWest, who then made
> > everyone switch their accounts to the Qwest domain, and now they're
> > shoveling us off onto Microsoft. The biggest problem is that I don't want
> > MSN. The second biggest is that I don't even know if I can even use their
> > service from within a non-windows OS.
> >
> > So I'm in need of advice.. maybe someone can recommend some dialup ISPs
> > to me. I don't care much about Linux-friendly tech support since I'm
> > fairly adept at setting up a dialup connection. Stability is my main
> > concern. And I'd be especially keen to find a service that offers a bit
> > of free web space and perhaps a shell account.
>
> Southwest Cyberport gets my vote. Stable, reliable, shell account, 3
> megs of web space included with the price of admission.
>
> Cheers,

I was considering swcp before, but decided against it since their web site
says they do not offer an unlimited access account. Which I desparately need,
because I'd hate to find out just how much time I really spend online. :P
(And then how much I'd have to pay for it...)

I'm considering Thuntek.net, as Brian Gonzalez suggested. They have unlimited
dialup access plus 10MB web space, and a shell account for $20. I emailed
them a small question about their AUP, but I don't think there will be any
problem.

--C. Ulrich