[NMLUG] Access in Santa Fe (was: old discussion: AlbuquerqueISP)

bg nmlug@swcp.com
21 Nov 2001 15:59:31 -0700

I agree with this post 100%, Qwest lies - alot. When I ordered DSL
service, I specified an external Cisco 675 since I was leary of
internals running on Linux. The salesweenie said If I ordered a year of
DSL, they would distribute the cost of my $150 modem over 12 months. Cha
ching, I instantly received a $250 phone bill which I could not fix with
30(!) phone calls.

It got so bad, I threatened to cancel DSL, regular phone service and go
with Comcast and cell phones. Needless to say, I hope Qwest falls into a
deep, dark hole.

BTW, after dialing their customer service number (800-244-1111), you can
talk to a human almost instantly by furiously and continuously pressing
0. Saves a 10 minute wait.