[NMLUG] Access in Santa Fe (was: old discussion: AlbuquerqueISP)

C. Ulrich nmlug@swcp.com

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 03:29:16PM -0800, Will Pearson wrote:
> > Apparently they will be.
>
> For broadband (perhaps dialup too, but they're not local, but do offer
> local Santa Fe dialup, and we get DSL from them here in Los Alamos), we
> like Speakeasy.net <http://www.speakeasy.net/>; they serve Santa Fe, I
> know for sure.
>
> They're peculiarly Linux-friendly (they host rpmfind.net).
>
> Regards,
> Gary S.

Speakeasy looks like a good service, from their web page. Shell account, 10MB
web space. They do have dialup, but the service is "hidden" a bit deeper in
their web site. But... I couldn't find *any* NM dialup numbers at all, not
even Santa Fe. They seem to cover a large portion of the rest of the country
though. I'll bookmark them and give them a call to see if they're planning on
adding lines in Albq or just forgot to list them. I notice they have service
to most of MI, which will come in real handy if/when I move back there
towards the end of next year.

--C. Ulrich