[NMLUG] old discussion: Albuquerque ISP

C. Ulrich nmlug@swcp.com

> On Tuesday 20 November 2001 21:55, you wrote:
> > im not sure what we offer i 'll have to ask one of the real phone tecs
> > tommorow...i basically only answer the phones for linux connect
> > questions..never sales. maybe try our web page i know you can sighn up on
> > the web so i imagine account information will be there too.
> > jd
>
> I couldn't find any information on the shell account...
>
> --C. Ulrich

Sorry, I jumped the gun a bit on that. I see the description for the shell
account, but it doesn't seem to imply that it comes with a regular dialup
account as well. The page also does not specify the OS or limits of the shell
account. I like the 15MB of web space. I'm not crazy about the domain name
aliases offered, but that doesn't matter much.

One last thing about cybermesa (and spinn.net): Are there any limits on the
max time you're allowed to be connected? I was thinking about thuntek.net,
but their tech support replied today that their modems disconnect you every 4
hours whether you're doing something useful or not. That's unacceptable to
me... I'm online for more than 4 hours quite often, and it would be a severe
pain in the ass when trying to download something big, which I sometimes do.

So it looks like spinn.net is in the lead, although I wish they offered more
than 6MB of storage. I guess I can find space elsewhere. Cybermesa.com comes
in second until I get more information on their shell accounts. I'm going to
send them an email in regards to it, but those in the know can always drop me
a message, which would be appreciated. :)

--C. Ulrich