[NMLUG] old discussion: Albuquerque ISP

Jason Davis nmlug@swcp.com
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 20:44:05 -0800

the os that the shell account is on is the newest bsdi.the shell account
comes with the dial up account or you can just have the shell.i guess we
will disconnect you after a while if your idle but if any packets are moving
then we will never disconnect you.there is no set space limit on the shell
account...not enough users to set a policy. so...i guess as long as it was
not on the server to long i dont think anyone would care.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nmlug@swcp.com [mailto:owner-nmlug@swcp.com]On Behalf Of C.
Ulrich
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 5:48 PM
To: nmlug@swcp.com
Subject: Re: [NMLUG] old discussion: Albuquerque ISP

> On Tuesday 20 November 2001 21:55, you wrote:
> > im not sure what we offer i 'll have to ask one of the real phone tecs
> > tommorow...i basically only answer the phones for linux connect
> > questions..never sales. maybe try our web page i know you can sighn up
on
> > the web so i imagine account information will be there too.
> > jd
>
> I couldn't find any information on the shell account...
>
> --C. Ulrich

Sorry, I jumped the gun a bit on that. I see the description for the shell
account, but it doesn't seem to imply that it comes with a regular dialup
account as well. The page also does not specify the OS or limits of the
shell
account. I like the 15MB of web space. I'm not crazy about the domain name
aliases offered, but that doesn't matter much.

One last thing about cybermesa (and spinn.net): Are there any limits on the
max time you're allowed to be connected? I was thinking about thuntek.net,
but their tech support replied today that their modems disconnect you every
4
hours whether you're doing something useful or not. That's unacceptable to
me... I'm online for more than 4 hours quite often, and it would be a severe
pain in the ass when trying to download something big, which I sometimes do.

So it looks like spinn.net is in the lead, although I wish they offered more
than 6MB of storage. I guess I can find space elsewhere. Cybermesa.com comes
in second until I get more information on their shell accounts. I'm going to
send them an email in regards to it, but those in the know can always drop
me
a message, which would be appreciated. :)

--C. Ulrich