[NMLUG] Linux Firewall

::[eric krieger]:: nmlug@swcp.com
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 04:57:19 -0700

Howdy kyle,
	hope the new job is going well.  Hey you seen Astaro Security
Linux (http://www.astaro.com/products/index.html)?

Take Care,
Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nmlug@swcp.com [mailto:owner-nmlug@swcp.com] On Behalf Of
Kyle
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 7:16 PM
To: nmlug@swcp.com
Subject: [NMLUG] Linux Firewall

  I again state that I am a newbie.  Here is what I am looking for if it
exists.....

 Linux based firewall
 NAT
 DMZ
 Prefer web based interface
 Easy setup

 I like some of the stuff like stateful packet inspection, but maybe
asking too much there.

  EASY is key here....with very good instructions....

  Gonna run it on a Celery 400, tons of RAM.  Currently have a Dlink and
a 3c905 for NIC's...but could get others if needed.

 I've looked at Coyote and it is probably the closest I have
found...just doesn't support my NIC's as best I can tell.....

  PS: I am nervous about IPChains with WebMin as the one time I tried
that combo the box was compromised in a matter of days...just got lucky
that the perp was an idiot and left a trail a mile wide or I may have
never know.

  Any input greatly appreciated.....