[NMLUG] Slackware users?

N K nmlug@swcp.com
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 07:26:10 -0800 (PST)

Slackware is a bit different than most Linux distro's.
You won't find an easy package management system with
it, and most of your software installation will either
be via binary or source g/bzipped tarballs. Yes, I
know there is pkgtool, but that is far from a modern
package management system.

Other than that, you will find that the distro is kept
very up to date, and is extremely stable.

HTH