[NMLUG] Slackware users?

N K nmlug@swcp.com
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:17:04 -0800 (PST)

True, once someone gets used to dealing with tarballs
instead of RPMs, etc., it's a lot more straight
forward and far less of a hassle. Nevertheless,
slackware is still a bit of a learning curve for
someone who is only used to an RPM-based system.
Granted, slackware is an incredible distro, especially
for the more security focused of us.

However, my point is that if someone decides to try
slackware, they should be prepared for a distro that
may seem a little overwhelming at first. Afterall, it
is what debian would be like if debian didn't have
apt-get... and of course, the packages are from _this_
decade. ;)