[NMLUG] SuSE fast internet protection question.

Robbins, Wesley L nmlug@swcp.com
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 08:16:08 -0700

I hope these questions are not to easy.

What is a good and simple tool in SuSe
to turn off active ports?  Or setup a firewall?

I'd like to suggest a program to a kid in California.
He is very new to Linux but is being bomb barded by
attacks.(Snort) Real telnet and x11 attacks.  Instead
of me manually setting a firewall for him.   I'd like
to suggest an app for him.

While he is setting up his firewall what is the
simplest way to shut off ports in SuSe for only one
nic?"eth0" but leave localhost and eth1 to be able
to connect using the ports?