[NMLUG] Oops! Linux Bug Escapes Early

Warner Losh nmlug@swcp.com
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:47:31 -0700

In message <01113013395402.02576@apex> "C. Ulrich" writes:
: This type of policy, I feel, is what a lot of vendors and security
: professionals are trying to go back to. (Microsoft seems to be the biggest
: proponent of this, though I will stash the flames for another day.)

I think this seriously misrepresents at least the FreeBSD position.  I
don't see this happening at all.

All I see is being asking others to be sane about how they release the
information.  A few days to produce patchs can make a huge difference.

No one wants to go back to the bad old days were security bugs
languished for years.

Warner