[NMLUG] Oops! Linux Bug Escapes Early

Matt Grommes nmlug@swcp.com
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:59:30 -0700

I didn't mean to seem like I was representing your position. I was
asking a question.

How can Redhat withhold details of a patch and still release the patch?
I guess I just don't understand your position fully.

Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <3C07EE5A.7090606@spinn.net> Matt Grommes writes:
> : How is Redhat going to explain to a corporate customer that they held
> : back a patch for that security hole that cost them millions of dollars
> : "for the good of the community"?
>
> You misrepresent what I said.
>
> I did *NOT* say redhat should hold back its patch.
>
> I said that it should hold off announcing all the details of the patch
> until the coordinated announcement is made.
>
> If you are going to argue with me, at least argue with my position,
> not the position that you think I hold.
>
> Warner

			--   Matt Grommes   --
"All these worlds are belong to you, except Europa. Take off no zigs there."